Facebook remains one of the most used social media platforms in the world. And not just the Facebook app alone; if you use Instagram, Whatsapp, or Messenger, you’re bound in the Facebook world. Messenger worth an Instant Messaging app. But that doesn’t mean it’s exempted from having issues.
Ways to fix Messenger not Working-
Clear your Messenger cache-
To clean your app cache
- Launch your phone Settings and open the Apps & notifications
- Find the Messenger on the list and open it. (Note: some phones require you to first tap an option to view all apps).
- On the App info interface, click on Storage & cache.
- Hit Clear storage to wipe away the stored cache.
Update your Messenger app
It’s just that many users have put an end to updating their app to some reasons best known to them. But we can assure you that it strengthens your security, fix bugs, improve performance, and introduce new features. So, go ahead and update your phone now that Messenger won’t work.
Reset all your settings
To reset your settings-
- Open Settings on your phone and scroll to the bottom.
- Click on System
- Tap Reset options
- Carefully select Reset app preferences from the options.
- Confirm the action by pressing RESET APPS on the screen.
- Turn Off and On your wifi or cellular data
Enable background data
To enable it-
- Launch Settings on your phone; then click on Apps & Notifications bn
- Tap Manage apps or See all apps to view your apps.
- Locate and open Messenger on the list.
- Click on Mobile data & Wi-Fi
- Ensure “Background data” is turned on or do so.
- Also, if you wish to keep Messenger active when Data Saver is active, enable unrestricted data usage.
Contact Facebook support
If none of the above fix is working for you, just contact Facebook support.