The reason your Facebook won’t let you post a status, like, or comment can be because of several reasons. This could be because Facebook has blocked you from performing that action on a specific user’s content, or you’re generally experiencing app or browser issues.
REASONS WHY YOU CAN’T COMMENT, LIKE, OR SHARE A STATUS ON FACEBOOK
- One of the main reasons you’ll be unable to comment, like, or share a post will be because the end user has blocked you from performing that action.
- This also can be a browser issue
- These problems can also happens due to mobile application problems.
HOW TO FIX BEING UNABLE TO POST ON FACEBOOk?
The situations above are about how to fix the liking, sharing and commenting on Facebook, but we didn’t mention anything about posting statuses.
If you are having a “There was a problem updating your status” or “This cannot be posted on your timeline”, you’re probably experiencing status posting issues.
However, if you are facing this issue for longer than a day, you should try the following to fix the problem.
- Clear your browsing data – Deleting your browsing data is super simple to do and in most cases his solves the problem. To clear the browsing data open chrome and click ctrl+shift+del buttons together. Check all cookies, data, history and clear it.
- Use other device – Try posting with another device, If the problem continues regardless of what device you use, you should report the issue to Facebook as there might be something wrong with your account.
There isn’t any exact cause that you can’t like, post or share. There could be a variety of different reasons in which Facebook won’t let you like, comment, share or post a status, but with all the above methods ,it should be easy enough to identify why.