After getting scammed on Marketplace users can’t understand What to Do If Get Scammed on Facebook Marketplace, and How to report scams on Facebook Marketplace? It’s no doubt Facebook marketplace is, a one of best e-commerce platform for buy and sell, because Facebook marketplace have millions of users, so seller can easily sell his products and buyer can easily find and buy his necessary items. Whether you’re want to buy or sell anything on the marketplace( under Facebook policies), you always need to protect yourself from the most common Facebook Marketplace scams.
Scammers create fake seller accounts on Facebook marketplace to scam other person. Sometime hacker hacks someone’s facebook account and used it for scam people’s. In this article, we will guide you how to report a scammer on Facebook marketplace and how to avoid getting scammed on marketplace.
How do I report a seller on Facebook Marketplace?
Reporting scams on Facebook — You report a seller if facebook marketplace seller cancel order after payment, Marketplace seller doesn’t ship your order, Learn more about what to do if you’re having an issue with your Marketplace order, or how to contact Facebook if the facebook marketplace seller not responding message after payment.
If you think that a Marketplace seller or product violates Facebook Commerce Policies, you can report them:
- From your Facebook News Feed, in the left menu, click Marketplace icon.
- Click a listing from the seller that you want to report.
- Click on the Facebook name of the seller.
- Click (… ) Three dot button
- Click Report Seller button.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions.
Bear in mind that Facebook may suspend or ban sellers Marketplace accounts if they go against our Commerce Policies. Buyers who file fraudulent claims are also subject to the consequences outlined in Facebook’s Purchase Protection policies.
How do I report a buyer on Facebook Marketplace?
Report a buyer on computer
- From your Facebook News Feed, in the left menu, click the Marketplace icon.
- Click Your account profile .
- Click Your Markplace listings.
- Click a listing that the buyer purchased.
- Click the message between you and the buyer. If you can’t find the buyer message, click See more.
- Click ( … ) Three dots button.
- Click Report buyer Button.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
Report a buyer on IOS (iphone, ipad) and Android App.
- From your Facebook News Feed, tap ≡ (three horizontal line), then tap Marketplace icon.
- Tap your profile button at the top right.
- Tap Your marketplace listings.
- Tap on a listing that the buyer sent you a message about or purchased.
- Tap on your messages with the buyer. If you’re having trouble finding the messages, tap See all.
- Tap on the buyer’s name from your messages.
- Tap from the buyer’s Commerce Profile.
- Click Report Button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I report something if I don’t have a Facebook account or can’t see it?
If you want to report something on Marketplace that goes against Facebook Community Standards, but you don’t have a Facebook account or can’t see the content (e.g. Facebook marketplace seller blocked you seeing his listing after scammed, you may need to ask a friend to help you.)
Ask a friend with a Facebook account to report the content using the Find support or report link near the post, photo or comment on Facebook. Bear in mind that Facebook won’t be able to take action on your report until they can find the content that you’re reporting. In your report, please provide Facebook with as much detail as possible, including posts links and screenshots of the content you’re reporting.
How to avoid getting scammed on Facebook marketplace?
Seller and buyer both need to protect yourself from getting scammed on Facebook Marketplace; here we suggest you some red flags for Facebook Marketplace scams: that’s must help you avoid scams on marketplace.
- Avoid if sellers offer suspiciously low prices for high-ticket items.
- Avoid if Sellers refuse to meet in person.
- Avoid if Buyers or sellers try to take the conversation outside of Facebook Messenger.
- Avoid if Buyers send you prepaid shipping labels.
- Avoid if a buyer overpays for a product.
- Avoid if buyers or sellers ask for your phone number.
- Avoid if them don’t have a Facebook profile photo.
- Avoid if the Marketplace seller wants you to pay with a gift card.
Read related Blog: