Facebook Marketplace is a popular feature built into the Facebook social network that’s used by over 800 million users every month to buy and sell products and services.
While the platform is one of the best options to find, sell and buy items, it has some bugs and geo-restrictions like unavailability to some users. Fortunately, there are solutions if the Facebook marketplace disappeared on your profile.
Possible reasons Why the Facebook Marketplace Icon Is Missing
If you’ve opened the Facebook website or app and the Facebook Marketplace icon is not showing, there are a variety of potential causes that might be behind this problem.
- Your home region isn’t supported – Currently, Marketplace is available to Facebook users in more than 70 countries – but it’s possible your region still doesn’t have access.
- You’re under 18 – Marketplace is only available to Facebook users who are 18 years and older.
- Your Facebook account is new – New users typically are not given access to Facebook Marketplace right away.
- Your device isn’t supported. Facebook Marketplace works only on iPhone 5 or later, Android, and iPad devices.
- You’re in an unsupported country. Traveling to a country that isn’t supported by Facebook Marketplace may also cause the option to disappear from the Facebook site and apps.
- Your access has been revoked by Facebook. You may have listed something that goes against Facebook’s policy
How to overcome the above Barriers?
To fix Marketplace inaccessibility on Facebook, follow these options.
- Option 1: Change your Region- Open your Facebook account, go to Settings & Privacy, select Settings then go to Language and Region, Change the Language and Region, Click Save Changes
- Option 2: Update your Facebook app- Go to your app store and update the app, after updating it restart your device and clear your app cache
- Option 3: Make sure you are at least 18 years in Facebook account- Marketplace is only accessible to users aged 18 and above. If you are below 18 years, ask your guardian or parent to buy or post items on the Marketplace using their account.
- Option 4: Use your new account for some time- Keep using Facebook normally while you wait for Facebook for the right time to join Marketplace.
- Option 5: Request a review from Facebook- If nothing is working for you, request a review from Facebook. To request a review- Open your Facebook account- Go to Marketplace– Click Request Review-Fill out the form
Now we have discussed all possible reasons and their solution of Why don’t i have Facebook Marketplace? Follow these steps and it’ll surely lead you to solution.