Along with Facebook, Instagram is one of the most popular social networking site. It has 1.386 billion users to its name. Being so popular among all the social media apps, the chances of cyberattacks are always high. Therefore, it is recommended that one should change their password at least once every six months. If you forgot your password, don’t worry. In this blog, we will show you how you can change or reset your Instagram password on mobile or desktop.
Follow these steps-
How to Change your Instagram Password?
If you are using Instagram on either Android/IOS or browser, don’t worry we got you covered for both of them
Change Instagram password on Android/IOS:
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your account.
- Go to the profile and tap on the three bars on the top right side.
- Click on settings and go to security.
- Open password in the login security option.
- Enter your old password.
- Now enter your new password and enter the same password to confirm it.
- Hit the save button and your password will be changed.
Change Instagram password on Browser:
- Visit Instagram.com and log in to your account.
- Click on your profile picture on the top right side.
- Click on Settings.
- Go to change password.
- Enter the current password.
- Now, enter the new password and confirm the password.
- Click Change password option once done and your password has been changed.
How to Reset your Instagram Password?
In case you forgot the password or your account is compromised, follow these steps
Reset Instagram password on Android/IOS:
- Open the Instagram app and click on get help logging in.
- On the login screen, tap Get help logging in. below Log In.
- Enter the username, email address, or phone number associated with your account, then tap Need more help?. Keep in mind that if you have more than one Instagram account you may need to select the account you’re having trouble logging into first, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Tap Need more help? then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select either your email address or phone number, then tap Send Security Code.
- If you don’t receive a security code, tap I can’t access this email or phone number below Send Security Code, then follow the on-screen instructions.
Reset Instagram password on Desktop
- Visit Instagram.com and click on the forgot password.
- Enter your email, username or the phone number with which your account was linked.
- Click on Send login link and it will send you a password reset link .
- Follow the link which led you to a page where you need to set your new password.
- Enter your new password and confirm it twice.
- Click on the Reset password.
- You can now log in to your Instagram account.
A helpful tip
To create a strong password, use a combination of at least 6 numbers, letters and punctuation marks (like ! and %).