Instagram provides a lot of side helps for such password recovery as they knows the possibilities of users losing their login. Instagram account recovery items are: Username, Password, Mobile phone number and Email address. These are the major things that Instagram uses to recover ones lost login details, however, for some dating sites like Hinge, Tinder and some mailing companies like Gmail, Yahoo, they may ask you to provide your security question and answer them.
Follow these steps in order to delete your account
Try recovering your password if possible
You should understand one thing that you must have to login your Instagram in order to delete it. So recovering password will make this easy. To recover the password, just follow these steps
- Open your browser and log on to http://www.instagram.com.
- Try login with your username and the password you remember that you used
- If password is not correct, click Forgot Password and continue
- Enter the mobile number that you used to create the account
- Now Instagram send you a password recovery link, just follow and enter the new password
Now to delete the account
- Login to your Instagram account using your username and password.
- Now go to Instagram delete your account page.
- You will be asked why you want to delete Instagram account, so select your reason
- Click Permanently delete my account to complete the process
- Enter the password to identify your account and wait for the account deletion
Report your account as a Fake account
If you are unable to recover your account, then just Report your account as a Fake account. To do this-
- Go to your profile with help of your friend or family person account
- Tap or click on the three lines below your profile photo. Click also on ” pretending to be someone and the select me”
This is not 100% solution but if you do this with multiple account, then Instagram will know that it’s really a fake account. So chances of Instagram deleting it are higher
Use Instagram Help Center
Last but not the least option, if nothing is working for you just contact the Instagram Help Center. To contact Instagram-
- Open your browser and log in to Instagram customer care representative website
- Just email them your issue and wait for them to reply
These were some of the steps to follow if you have a hacked account. Not saying this will 100% work but try all of them to get the result