One day you tried logging into your Instagram and this message: ‘Your account has been disabled for violating our terms. Learn how you may be able to restore your account.’ pops up? It’s not just you, there are many users that are facing this on daily basis. There are many whose Instagram accounts were mistakenly disabled and there are others whose accounts got disabled for not following the Community Standards.
There are a number of reasons why your Instagram account gets disabled. You will know that your account has been disabled because a pop-up message will inform you the next time you try to log in. These are the possible reasons
- Post about illegal activities
- Hate speech
- Graphic violence
- Mass reporting
Things to do after the account get disabled
- The first thing to do is check for an email from Instagram stating that the email tied to your account has been changed.
- Request a login link from Instagram.
- Contact Instagram help support.
What can i do if my Instagram account was hacked?
If you think your account was hacked, follow these steps-
- On the login screen, tap Get help logging in. (Android) or Forgot password? (iPhone).
- Enter the username, email address, or phone number associated with your account, then tap Next. Note: If you don’t know the username, email address, or phone number associated with your account, tap Need more help? below the Next button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select either your email address or phone number, then tap Send Login Link.
- Click the login link in your email or a text message (SMS) and follow the on-screen instructions.
What can I do if my Instagram account has been disabled?
If your account gets disabled and you can’t reset your password or access the recovery process. There are only two things you can do in these circumstances
First : Appeal to Instagram by filling the form
If you think your account was disabled by mistake, you may be able to appeal the decision by opening the app, entering your username and password and following the on-screen instructions. Or just click this link https://help.instagram.com/contact/1652567838289083
Just fill out your issue. It’ll take some time for Instagram to review the process. If the information matches their database, they’ll send you password reset link.
Second: Appeal to Instagram via Instagram app-
If your Instagram account is disabled and you try to log in, It will show you a Pop-up Error message that your account has been disabled. Under that message, there’s an option “Learn more“. Click it and you’ll get a Appeal button or Request Review.
Follow the instructions and submit it. It’ll take some time for Instagram to review the process. If the information matches their database, they’ll send you password reset link.