Getting your Instagram account hacked is a serious situation especially when you use Instagram to promote your business and sell products. There is no guarantee that you can recover a hacked Instagram account.
If you think your Instagram account has been hacked or taken over, there are some actions you may be able to take to secure your account. Some of the most common questions which people asks regarding account hacking are-
What to do if hacker changed my Email address?
If hacker changed your email address, you will receive an email from email@example.com letting you know that your email address was changed, you may be able to undo this change by selecting revert this change in that message. If they also changed your password and you’re unable to change back your email address, request a login link or security code from Instagram
How to recover my Instagram password?
To recover your Instagram account you can request a login link to verify the account.
To request a login link:
- Go to Instagram login
- Tap Get help logging in on Android and Forgot password? on iPhone.
- Enter your account username, email address, or phone number
- Tap Next.
- Select either your email address or phone number, then tap Send login link.
- Click the login link you received via email or a text message.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and change your password.
What to do if i can’t find my account or username?
If you think your username was changed as a result of your account being compromised:
- Check if you’ve received an email from Instagram notifying you that your account information was changed.
- Ask a friend to visit your profile and take a screenshot of your current username.
How to recover Instagram account with ‘Verify your identity’?
If Instagram found your account without photos of you, you should receive an auto-response email from the Support Team at Facebook. They’ll ask you to help us verify your identity by providing the email address or phone number.
If you request support for an account with photos of you, you’ll be asked to take a video selfie of you turning your head in different directions to help us check that you’re a real person and confirm your identity.
Instagram will take upto 30 days to verify your account, so wait.
How to keep my Instagram account safe from hacking attack?
There are some things you can follow to keep your account safe from hacking attacks.
- Enable two-factor authentication- Always enable Two Factor Authentication whether it’s a text message or by any third party app. It will help hackers to keep distance from your account.
- Update your password- Make sure to change your password after every month or two.
- Ignore messages which seems like Instagram Support- Instagram will never send you direct messages asking for your password or account details
- Enable login request- When you enable Two Factor Authentication, it will ask you to enable login request. If someone tries to login into your account, Instagram will send you a login request so you can identify if it’s from your device or not.