An Instagram business account is Instagram’s version of a Facebook Page. It tells Instagram that you’re using the platform for some sort of and it allows you to access a number of features that personal profiles don’t have.
A business profile offers a few more social media marketing tools and services than the personal account, such as:
- Instagram analytics for reach, impressions, and follower demographics
- Promote posts and run Instagram ads
- Multiple contact options for your business, including phone number, email address, and physical address
- Action button integration
Difference between Business account and Personal account?
Business accounts come with two main advantages — lead generation tools and audience insights. A normal account lets you post content and view other Instagram profiles. You can also set a personal Instagram profile to be a private account, which means only your followers can see your content.
On the other hand, an Instagram business profile is public and anyone on Instagram can see it. This is great news when it comes to reaching new audiences and expanding your brand’s exposure.
How to create a Business account on Instagram?
Instagram serves a global community of more than 1 billion people who are active every month. People use Instagram to share moments, find passions, be inspired and take action. Instagram can help businesses of every size find customers and grow. With an Instagram business profile, businesses can promote their products and services to a global audience of people who are most interested in what they do.
On Instagram, you can convert your personal profile to a business account to access features that can help you grow your business.
To switch your profile to a business account:
- Go to your profile and click three bars in the top right-hand corner.
- Click Settings
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to professional account (the Switch to professional account option will be listed directly under Settings for some accounts)
- Tap Continue.
- Select a category for your business and tap Done.
- Tap OK to confirm.
- Tap Business.
- Tap Next.
- Add contact details and tap Next. Or tap Don’t use my contact info to skip this step.
- If you’d like, you can follow the steps to connect your business account to a Facebook Page associated with your business. This step is optional, and will make it easier to use all of the features available for businesses across the Facebook family of apps. At this time, only one Facebook Page can be connected to your business account.
- Tap X in the top-right corner to return to your profile.
With a business account, you’ll be able to access insights that can help you understand who is engaging with your business on Instagram. You’ll also have access to the professional dashboard, where you can track your performance, access and discover professional tools and explore educational information curated by Instagram.