If you forgot your password and tried many failed attempts or you have lost your IPhone, now you want to factory reset it because you are afraid that your data will be compromised, if you are one of them then you are in right place. We will tell you how you can reset your IPhone if you locked out of it or even when you lost it.
Reasons of locking out
- Too many failed attempts
- Your touch ID is not working
- It senses some suspicious activity
If you enter the wrong password 5 times, you’ll have no issues but on the 6th try it will lock you out. And the time duration will increase every time your attempt failed .
Ways to reset an iPhone without password
There are couple of simple ways that you can easily reset your phone’s data by just some simple clicks
Method 1: Reset your iPhone with the help of iTunes
This is the easiest and most common method that people use to wipe out their data. As you already know that your IPhone data is synced to iCloud and you can access files even if you don’t have your phone with you.
To reset your iPhone with iTunes, follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via cable.
- Download iTunes if you don’t have it on your computer and open it.
- On the left hand, you’ll see an option ‘Summary’, click it.
- Now click on the ‘Restore iPhone’ option.
- Click ‘Restore’ to confirm it.
Method 2: Reset your iPhone with the help of iCloud
(To use this method make sure you have enabled Find My iPhone in your device.)
This is the another common method by which you can reset your iPhone. To do it, follow these steps:
- Visit icloud.com on your computer browser.
- Now login with your Apple Id and password which you used on your iPhone.
- You’ll see an option ‘Find My iPhone’, now click it.
- Tap on ‘All Devices’.
- Now you’ll see your iPhone that you want to reset.
- Click on that device and tap ‘Erase iPhone’
This will erase your passcode and all your data from you IPhone.
Note: You can also use third party iPhone password unlocking software, there are many of them. Just Google it to know more about them.