It is so simple to transfer your apps from your old iPad or any IOS device to your new iPad or new IOS device. Apple made the transfer process to a new iPad pretty easy and straightforward.
But for doing that you need to do some things before sending data to other device.
What to do before transferring data?
- Unpair your other devices which is connected to your iPad like Apple Watch and Airpods.
- Transfer your sim to your new device.
- Have your Apple Id and password ready.
- Backup your data on iCloud.
How to back up your old data on Mac?
- Connect the iPad to your Mac
- Open a Finder window and click on the iPad’s name
- Choose Back up all the data on your iPad to this Mac
- Click Back Up Now.
How to back up old data on iCloud?
- Open Settings on your iPad
- Tap on your name at the top
- Tap iCloud
- Choose iCloud Backup
- Tap Back Up Now
Transfer apps on new iPad
After going through all the backup process, now it’s time to transfer all your apps into your new iPad. You can do transfer with either Mac or you can use your iCloud.
Method 1: Transfer apps with Mac
Note: We already made a backup on Mac earlier.
- Now plug out your old iPad and connect the new one to Mac
- Open iTunes and click on iPad icon
- Tap on Restore Backup and select the backup file you stored earlier
- Now click Restore and it will start transfer process
It will take some time, so wait. After finishing check whether you have all the apps transfer or not.
Method 2: Transfer apps with iCloud
Note: We already made a backup on iCloud earlier.
- Setup your new ipad with your desired settings first
- When you reach Backup page on iPad, choose Restore from iCloud Backup
- Now enter your Apple Id and Password
- Click Next then Agree
- Select the latest backup file to transfer into your new iPad
- Wait until it transfers all the apps into your new iPad
Now your new iPad is ready to use with all the old apps.